Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Meeting a Stranger


Random thought today: "It is not always wrong to talk to strangers." I've always been aloof with strangers because one fooled me once. Yet today, meeting a stranger feels nice. An ordinary day became a good one, when you meet people that somehow made you smile. Wednesday morning, I did the usual travel on my way to review center, I rode the jeepney and seat near the entrance. A lola came to board, so I offered my seat to her so it won't be hassle for her to alight. She said thanks, I smiled. She passed her fare to me and I returned her change, she said thanks again, I smiled. She alighted first, and I was next to her. I was about to approach and help lola when she suddenly asks me where is my destination and if I could accompany her. Of course I did. She was about to say thanks and goodbye because I told her that I'll be traveling northward and she is going south bound. However, I still joined her. She asked my name, I told her it's Maye. We've talked much though it was a short walk. Lola asked me if I still have my mom, and how old is she. She guessed right that I'm the eldest 'coz my mom is still young daw. I asked where she live. Lola also questioned if I'm already working and I told her I'm still reviewing for the board exam, she told me, may God Bless you. I told her my degree and she talked about her granddaughter who's coincidentally taking the same course. I felt that she is very proud or her apo, she said that her apo is an honor student since elementary and currently studying in Pamantasan, who's having a hard time in the subject Trigo. Aaaw.I miss my Lola. Nice conversation. Lastly, I accompany her in the pedestrian lane and wait until she board in the bus, she said Thanks Maye, Goodbye, and God Bless. I said Take care and I smiled. As I walk away and travel, the smile in my face and the joy in my heart didn't falter. Meeting a stranger is fun. I hope to see you again Lola, thanks for making my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment