Sunday, March 2, 2014

Poem 121: Begin

my heart beats fast
as i pace too slow
excited to see your face
but too nervous to utter words.

tried to keep cool and calm
Just before the doorbell rang
from the background i heard daylight
that somehow set the mood right.

your gaze from the main door
your face i adore
your stature too tall
your Voice i recall.

you got some inquiries
that i hope i answered clearly
then out of the blue you told me
that i am pretty.

you appreciate my long hair
that i never like anyway
you ask me if i have a boyfrienD
i said none sir.

did i heard it clearly
or my mind wander
did i heard it right
or my heart falter.

then it felt awkward
that i had to change the subject
talk about something else
to keep the conversation longer.

845 am of march first
day i won’t forget, regret
the guy i always dreamt
there’s too much to admire.

No comments:

Post a Comment