Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Confessions of a Frustrated Blogger


As I walked in a bookstore, I found a magazine that featured an article on "How to start a blog?” I have passion for writing, but I only write when I feel like I want to, it take months for me to come up with a topic. When I was young, I had diaries, I wrote poems and stories, and I composed songs. The creative side in me started early. But to my regret, I never pursued it. I never tried joining any journal clubs, or even submit articles; the main reason is because I didn’t find my write ups that appealing. At 19, I hope I can write an article for a magazine/journal, and talking about bigger dream, someday, I would like to publish a book. I’ve wrote random blogs in different sites. I love writing. I like to express my feelings and thoughts through blogs. My problem was I never maintained those sites. I posted blogs, but after few weeks, as I read it again, I felt timid on what I’ve written. I felt that my topics were dull and boring. I always wanted to come up with a subject that one could relate or appreciate. But now my point of view changes, this is my blog, there’s no rule in blogging, this is mine, this is about me, this is about my opinions, and this is spontaneous. As Patty Laurel’s blog site says “Come waste time with me.” Thus, I’ve make up my mind that I should maintain this site. I was so inspired by my favorite people’s blogs (Patty Laurel, Bianca Gonzalez, Lia Cruz) and of course lovely people from our clan (Tita Mirla, Ate Tats, Ate Apol, and Ate Andrei), see how creative writing talent runs in the family. They were really good in writing, they’re words are perfect enough for a cool, interesting article. Therefore, I’ve decided to pursue the craft. This will help me to practice and develop my writing skills, which is by the way I really need because I’m currently on process of thesis writing. Right now, I have lots of topics I want to talk about through blog, I’m looking forward to post those and see how my writing skills will improve. I know this is an effective way of learning. This could be the first step as I pursue my writing career. Now, my dilemma is how to end up this blog, so I guess I’ll finish it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment