Sunday, October 18, 2009

Slow Down


Since I was a child, I considered myself as a music lover. Up to this day, I am a typical teenager who appreciate OPM bands. I never thought I would major love them, that I found myself as a fan turned stalker.

The early days was "What I see, is what I get", but when I got starstruck by Yael Yuzon, vocalist of Sponge Cola, my fanatic lifestyle became "The more I research, the more I can get." I guess that was the start of my life as a stalker. The early gig moments was exciting and fun filled, especially when I get the chance to talk to them and take pictures with them. There were times that I attend two gigs per week. I never regret those days that the band made me happy, the days when they let me feel that I'm a friend, and not just an ordinary fan. Of course, I get the chance to meet co-listers, wherein we called ourselves as gig mates, the friendship we built is truly treasured. During those times, I'm always present when there's a gig around the metro. Even though it would be my first time to go to a certain place, I would make efforts just to know where it is, because I know I'll be happy.

One day, I felt everything has changed, I can't decide immediately if I'll attend the gig though the location is few meters away from me. That happened when I felt my study habits was suffering, when I felt afraid as I go home late, when I refuse to join my barkada in a hang out because I'm going to attend a gig the next day, when I spend lots of cash as I travel to different places. Since then I decided just to slow down,to say no. A gig mate once told me,when we were deciding whether or not to attend the gig "Parang ngayon ko nararamdaman yung pagod, parang sayang yung efforts kasi hindi naman natin sila masyado nakakausap." After sharing our dilemmas, I tried to ignore gig scheds, and I felt fulfilled when I can't miss the band, and when I don't envy my gigmates who have attended the gigs.I overcome my attachment to them. It's back to normal, I'm now once a stalker, and now back to being a proud supporter. It felt so good that I had take it slow.

Anyway, I would like to thank the band for appreciating me the way I appreciate them, and especially the gig mates who'll forever be my friends.To my favorite band members, Yael of Sponge Cola, Yan of Pupil/Archipelago, Champ of Hale, thank you for making my fanatic life such an awesome experience. I'll see you in next gigs.

No comments:

Post a Comment