Thursday, October 18, 2012

The Delightful Ten: The Phantom of the Opera

It's a rare chance for me to watch theater shows. I've seen local ones during college days and Nikay's starring role in Legally Blonde and Sweet Charity. Last month, a popular theatrical show, The Phantom of the Opera graces the Philippines for consecutive shows in Manila. My aunt is bugging me about watching it because of its greatness and she knew that it is internationally acclaimed. I've tried joining random facebook and twitter contest for free tickets. Unfortunately, I never win any. So we finally decided to open our wallets and check our pockets in order to purchase show tickets. I was able to buy 4 tickets for a Tuesday show, balcony level, last row, end to end. Hihi. Anyhow, I did enjoy the show. I am phantomized. :)


The Phantom of the Opera Top 10 Delighted Moments

1. The Phantom himself, Erik. Aaaah. But your name, I wasn't really happy. I forgive you, because that's K not C.

2. It was on the web when I see your lovely face. You're indeed handsome, Raoul. And your voice matches the face, lovely also.

3. Christine, which I love to pronounce as 'cris-teyn'. You're unbelievably an excellent performer.

4. The whole cast was extremely amazing. Thank you and congratulations for the awesome night.

5. My favorite scene has to be Christine and Raoul's "All I Ask Of You". Must be because I can sing along with it.

6. My favorite song has to be "The Phantom of the Opera" sung by Christine and Phantom.

7. My eyes brightens during the staircase number. The magic of the colors, the costume. Aaaah aaaah amazing.

8. The horror/terror part that made the show more exciting. All of it.

9. The cast that embraces the Filipino tradition and culture as they stay here for more that a month.

10. The plot of the story. I am planning to read the novel, it's just I don't have time. I am always tired. :(


No comments:

Post a Comment