Friday, March 6, 2015

The Brother

I've always wanted a big brother, a kuya. Someone who will protect me, who will be my guide to guys, who can advise me, teach me sports, and all other stuff that big brother and little sister does. However, when I realized that I won't be the eldest I declined the thought of having a brother. Haha. Because eldest rules the sibling relationships.

God gave me a little brother instead which I am very thankful for.

It was March 20 of 1995 when my mom was not able to attend my kindergarten graduation. By that time, she was about to give birth on her 3rd baby. The family was very happy because finally, a little boy they've been waiting for was born. My brother is the only guy in the clan which shall disperse our surname. Because eventually my sister and I will have to change our surnames as we marry.

We grew up in a happy home. I admire how my parents manage to keep the bond among us. The photos from family albums can attest how close we are. From Sunday church, to eat outs, to school activities, to Manila trips, and different family gatherings, we all are present together.

It was during college when I had to part ways with the family. As much as I wanted to guide the brother at adolescent age, teach him in academic projects, and attend to his school activities, I am but a hopeful university student during that period. I go home only on holidays for I was too busy with the city life. Nevertheless, every chance that I can be with the brother, I make sure it'll be fun.

We like the same music genre as for OPM and alternative. We listen to the same radio station. I encourage him to read local books. We are big fans of How I Met and Big Bang. We enjoy watching movies, not much of a chick flick for him though. We dress well enough I guess as I meddle with his fashion style. We review gadgets. He discusses to me his Engineering course. I share my weirdest, brilliant ideas to him and he willingly listen. I spoil my brother. I love him. I may not have a kuya but he is more than enough to be with me whenever I needed some brotherly love.

Girls, he can be a good boyfriend. But sorry, I am much of a choosy, strict ate.

Love you Austin! Happy Birthday!


No comments:

Post a Comment