Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Sheppard Manila



I am not a fan of the band Sheppard but I hugely adore their hit song, Geronimo. When I found out that they will be having a concert in Manila, I already included their show date in my calendar. Even though I only know one song from the band, I'd exert effort just to hear Geronimo live. The song is part of my happy, good vibes playlist. 


Yesterday after work, I go immediately in MOA Music Hall to catch the 6pm showtime which I know won't start on the dot. On my way there, I listen to their spotify page. I am just in time for the pre-show wherein DJ Guji spins the popular edm tracks. On the venue, I purchase 3 Nescafé Smoovlatte worth 35php each in exchange of one ticket to get inside the barricade. Worthy enough for a great night of fun music with little dancing and jumping in between. The show started at around 8pm and lasted for an hour.


Sheppard Live in Manila Setlist

Halfway to Hell
Hold My Tongue
Smile
Let Me Down Easy
Something's Missing
These People
Rude
Flying Away
The Best Is Yet To Come
A Grade Playa
Geronimo
Lingering
Find Someone




As said, I don't know all other songs except Geronimo. Yet I have enjoyed the whole concert. Their songs are of catchy lyrics and of beautiful melody. My additional personal favorites are Let Me Down Easy, The Best Is Yet Come, and A Grade Playa.

The band is crowd friendly, appreciative, and with contagious energy. They are very admirable and easy to love.


Here's my top Sheppard concert memories.

1) George uttered a Tagalog sentence "Salamat sa pakikinig ng aming musika" (if I remember it right).
2) Amy Sheppard telling about Filipinos in their hometown in Papua New Guniea watching pera o bayong.
3) Let Me Down Easy song participation of the crowd.
4) George requesting the audience to stand low then jump high to rock and roll in the chorus of Geronimo.
5) George throwed his sweaty (but still mukang mabango) shirt in the audience.
6) Fans selfie. This has been popular in instagram for the music artists. However small are you in the photo, you'll still feel in awe to land in your idol's ig post and be part of an epic music celebration.
7) They were generous enough to grant the crowd with two encore songs after chanting "we want more". 


Aaaah there's too much to love about these guys! I had a great time. PCD starts now.


No comments:

Post a Comment