Monday, December 6, 2010

My Board Exam Experience: The Judgement

The crazy, happy adventures of a board examinee while waiting for the exam results.

We head to eat lunch after the brain draining exam. When we got home, I felt so tired so it's time for me to relax. I sleep immediately wishing that when I wake up, the list of the board passers were released already. However, I knew it wouldn't happen because the results are expected after 3 days.

Monday, I woke up early and pray. Nervousness runs in every party of my body. I wash clothes, watch television, take a nap, iron clothes, and all.just to keep myself busy. I refuse to arrange my review materials because I want to rest myself from seeing those formulas and. C.E. problems. It actually didn't work because whatever I do, I can still recall the board exam questions. I pray the rosary and attend mass in La Paz Church, I leave the rest to GOD because I know he'll give what's best.

November 23, Tuesday. Two days left of being crazy. It was Ivan's birthday, a classmate who also took board exam. He invited us in his celebration in their dormitory. At lunch time, someone sms me asking where am I, and I was supposed to reply that I am currently in the mental hospital. This 'waiting the results experience' made me insane. When I arrive in dorm, we exchange thoughts and board exam stories. Someone jokingly said 'Pasado ka" pause then 'ba o hindi?' That adds to tension but at the same time it made us laugh. It's also good timing to be with my C.E.mates because being with them just feels so awesome. Plus, we had the same board exam sentiments. I attended mass in Quiapo Church before I went home, talking to GOD gives me good vibes.

Third day of waiting. I never dare to browse the internet ever since. I had this feeling that I might cry whatever the result may be, especially if I don't see my name in the list of board passers. Tita Nida even sms me that they've been waiting for the results since Tuesday and it wasn't release until Wednesday morning. My heartbeat seems to be so fast the whole day. I am my phone from time to time, because I am expecting that the result will be sms to me. GOD is really my best companion especially in times like that. I pray the rosary and attend mass again in La Paz.

Though it is possible that the results may be release on the next day because it's already late night, I'm still expecting to receive a message that Wednesday night. It's past 9pm while I am watching Glee, when I felt terribly nervous. I received a sms from Pam saying "Congrats engr." I immediately stand up and request to my sister to turn on the computer. My reply to Pam was "Di nga?Seryoso?" She sent to me the website where she find the results. I immediately browse it, saw Leann in no.1, scroll, scroll, scroll a lot, scroll again and finally find 1432 OLORES, JESSA MAYE POBLETE. I was in doubt at that because they told us to search for the results in Inquirer website. I had a hard time finding where on inquirer.net I could find the exam result, until gotcha, I go to O and saw my name, I finally believe that I am already a licensed Civil Engineer. I called Mama and Papa to tell the good news, that's one of the happiest talk we had. I also sms Tita M, telling "Tita, engr.na po ako. Salamat sa support and prayers." I got flooded with congratulatory messages in facebook, chat, and sms. It feels so overwhelming. I didn't cried when I knew that I passed, I did when Tita M called to congratulate me. Joan and I felt a party ambiance in the house. I jump and shout to happiness. My gratitude also to Tita Nida and Ate Tats who were one of the first to know the great news. Afterward, I sent thank you messages here and there to all the people whose been with me throughout this journey. And most of all I praise GOD Almighty for the wonderful blessing, the gift of a dream come true.

Now, how many "exam" did I mention in the whole "My Board Exam Experience" blog?

3 comments: