Friday, December 3, 2010

My Board Exam experience: This is it!

November 20, 2010. Saturday. Lolo Teo's Death Anniversary.
First Day of Civil Engineering Licensure Exam.

I woke up at 5am and pray. I was assigned to take the exam in Manuel L. Quezon University, Quiapo, Manila. Before the exam, we sign up different identification forms here and there. At exactly 8am, we started answering the first subject, Mathematics, Surveying, and Transportation Engineering. I start solving from question 1 then skip the difficult one until question 30. Then back to unanswered problems, and find out the trick. Prayer is always powerful, because when I can't analyze a problem, I stopped for a while, pray, and then gotcha I got the answer. I finished the exam few minutes before 1pm. I was satisfied with my more or less than 21 sure answers and few reasonable guess. It was also fun to answer because most of the questions were taught in Review Innovations. I left the room hoping that the next subject would be as easy as the first. We had lunch for 1 hour. The second subject is from 2pm-6pm, Hydraulics and Geotechnical Engineering. It was indeed the easiest subject. I got a big smile as I go out of the classroom. Most of the questions came from past board exams, and others were discussed also in Review Innovations. My review center is the awesomest. I am very thankful as I go home.

November 21, 2010. Sunday. Second Day of Civil Engineering Licensure Exam.

I woke up again at 5am and pray. Two down and one to go. We took the exam in Structural Engineering and Construction from 8am-1pm, the subject where we all felt the tension and nervousness ever since we heard about the very intelligent examiner. Back sub technique is a no way. As for me, I am really not so sure with almost all of the answers I solved. I answered more or less than 15 items but I was very confuse because Madam Examiner prepared the trickiest exam I ever had. It's almost 1pm when I passed my paper, and that was it. I brought home the nervousness. On a lighter note, I was very surprised and touched because after exam, Tita Mirla, Tita Nida, my sister Joan, my cousin Ate Tats, my nephew Joaqui, and my niece Yanna was there to fetch me in MLQU. I felt I was saved from darkness.

I was just so thankful to my family, relatives, friends, friends of friends, the priest, the shirt seller and all who bid their good luck, prayed for me, and supported me. It was such a great help and inspiration. I would be sad to disappoint them, but they assure me that no matter what happen, they will always be there. I won't forget what Tita M said "Basta gawin mo ang best mo, kung bagsak man, wag ka mahihiya, kilala ka pa din namin." And at the end of the day, I was so grateful to GOD because I knew he guide me while I'm taking one of the most important exam in my life. GOD is good all the time.

Up next, the things I did while waiting for the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment