Thursday, December 2, 2010

My Board Exam Experience: The Preparation

Before the Board Exam

We've been given 6 months to formally prepare for the licensure exam, wherein we have to enroll in a review center for 4.5 months of review and 1.5 months of refresher. Honestly, I became very serious on studying during the last month before the exam. Within the review period, I'm really not that focus. Anyhow, it's been a good attitude to attend class on time, copy all the notes in lecture, listen attentively to the instructor (when you're not sleepy.hee hee), and take the evaluation exams (though I usually open notes all the time) so I can assess my learning. Inspiration also helps a lot, motivation from family, friends, and all gave good vibes but also pressure. But based on personal experience, inspiration without action won't work, same as praying without studying isn't effective.

On the first month, June, we were just enjoying the review class and environment. We still felt very relaxed and got the positive spirit aiming to top the board exam. Second month, July, we had lots to review, yet on our mind, we still got plenty of time to prepare. The groundwork we had during August was almost the same as the previous month. We still had fun gimmicks, never ending chats, play, and study once in a while. Thus, when we took the Mid Pre-board Exam, the industrious reviewer only passed as expected, and yes, I belong to the not so industrious. The following month, September was so stressing to me. I got the motivation to study more and more in order to passed the Final Pre-Board and especially the real BOARD EXAM. I felt too much pressure, though I can't help but to be lazy sometimes, I was able to study well. However, what I've learned wasn't enough for the Final Pre-Board, thus I got failing scores again, but to defend myself, I only lack 2% in order to passed. In the refresher, month of October-November, I knew I had to keep my eyes on the goal. The objective is to PASS the BOARD EXAM, I didn't aim for topnotch because I knew I didn't work hard when I still got lots of time. I'm finally back to late night sleeping so I can review and catch up with the lessons everyday. Time has been very important, even in traveling I need to manage memorizing different formulas. Everybody is getting serious, it's cramming time. I was satisfied with the study habits I did within the last month. Though I am not confident enough on the last few days because I still left some lessons unstudied well, prayer has always been a great help in my journey towards my dream. Prayer and trusting GOD is indeed the perfect partner for everything. As this popular quote says, Do your best and God will do the rest.

On my next blog, I will talk about what happened to me during the board exam.


No comments:

Post a Comment